1923 – 1945: The beginning
Jyden was founded by Niels Andersen, starting as a little blacksmith located in Bur in West Jutland. In addition to his ordinary forging work, he started manufacturing stable fixtures. In the beginning it was only tethers for cows, heifers and calves, and it was all made by hand.
After World War II the demand for stable fixtures increased dramatically. Even when Niels Andersen extended a new workshop in the thirties, more space was soon needed and the factory occupied the old football pitches of the city.
Niels Andersen's son, Martin K. Andersen, became a part of the company in 1945, after being trained as a blacksmith. Together with his father, Martin K. Andersen led the factory Jyden Bur.
1926: Niels Andersen passed away
Niels Andersen lived with his wife, Margrethe Andersen, in the house belonging to the factory. They bought the house in 1923, the same year they got married. Here Niels Andersen lived all his life. Andersen did not live a long life though, as a fatal disease resulted in his death on August 3rd in 1962.
Their only son Martin K. Andersen took over the factory, and over the years he developed it into one of the largest producers of animal housing for cattle and pigs in Denmark.
1980 – 1992: Jyden grows in the little village
In the 1980s there were times where more than 300 staff were employed at the factory in Bur. The company produced exclusively domestic infrastructure during this period, but nevertheless, sales records were made in 1992 of 100 million Danish kroner- the biggest sales the company has ever experienced.
2000 – 2010: Jyden's entry to the global scene
In 2000 Martin K. Andersen sold Jyden Bur to enjoy his retirement, but Jyden continues the development as one of the industry's leading manufacturers of animal housing for cattle and pig producers. The factory in Denmark increases its square meters to its current indoor space of 15,000 m2. In addition, some trade and sales goods are purchased from abroad.
In 2010, Jyden decided to invest even more in exports. The company established sales offices in Kiev, Moscow and Sweden, as well as a subsidiary in China. More than 75 per cent of the company's production is exported, and three quarters of all sales staff are targeting exports.